Château Kefraya is located in the West Bekaa Valley and has been owned by the Bustros family for generations. The chateau was built in 1946 on an artificial hill on which the Romans observed their troop movements centuries ago.
The founder and visionary Michel de Bustros undertakes extensive work to implant the vineyards of Château Kefraya on these magnificent slopes. The first vines are planted in 1951 and in 1979 - despite the Lebanese civil war (1975-1990) - Château Kefraya begins to produce its own wine with its own grapes.
"Les Coteaux de Kefraya" won the winery's first international medals in 1982 and 1983 and Château Kefraya began exporting its wines to France. Today Château Kefraya is represented in more than 40 countries on the five continents. The vineyard extends over 300 hectares of terraced slopes, 1000 meters above sea level, at the foot of the Barouk mountain in the Bekaa valley. The vines enjoy exceptional solar radiation without irrigation. They are mainly barred with a planting density of 4000 vines per hectare and an average yield limited to 35 hectoliters per hectare.
In addition to the soil diversity, Château Kefraya uses a wide and exciting selection of grape varieties in its blends, including Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah , Chardonnay and Viognier as well as more unusual varieties such as Carménère, Marselan and Muscat à Petits Grains.